- This event has passed.
Financial Goals and Budgets
June 9, 2021 @ 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm CDT
Calling all high school aged young women in the Chicago, Philadelphia, DC, and Baltimore area!
Join Smart Sister Finance on June 9th to learn how to reach your financial goals through budgeting. We will use actual salaries from STEM careers and each participant will build a monthly budget. We will discuss different ways to budget and discuss how to plan for:
- Renting an apartment vs buying a house
- Buying or leasing a car
- Paying for kids
Bridget Jones is the Founding Sister of Smart Sister Finance and she believes strongly that through financial knowledge and conscious choices, you can reach any life goal. Bridget had a winding career that included working at the Goodman Theatre, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Clif Bar, Potbelly Sandwich Works and Whole Foods Market. She now uses her experience to coach women on their personal finances and start-up businesses. Follow Smart Sister Finance on Instagram and LinkedIn to learn more!
Participants must be young women in 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th grade or a STEM Academy alumnae.
Participants must have computer and internet access and be interested in fully participating in the Zoom session by sharing video.
Participants must be located in one of the following areas:
- ComEd service territory of Illinois (Chicago and most of northern Illinois)
- PECO service territory of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia and its PA suburbs)
- Pepco service territory of DC and Maryland (DC, Prince George's County, Montgomery County)
- BGE service territory of Maryland (Baltimore City, Ann Arundel, Baltimore, Carroll, Harford and Howard Counties)
Register by June 7th.