The Exelon STEM Leadership Academy Scholarship is a supportive and clear pathway from student engagement in the Exelon STEM Academy to entry into the energy workforce, ideally as an Exelon employee. This capstone offering of a post-secondary scholarship opportunity to Exelon STEM Leadership Academy alumnae will support students with a full scholarship to a two or four year educational institution.*
The Scholarship will:
- Be both financial need based and academic based.
- Be available as a two or four year scholarship, renewable for up to four years (for undergraduate work).
- Be open to alumnae with a 2.8 GPA.
- Include an annual Exelon internship.
- Preference will be given to applicants pursuing the following fields of study: engineering; finance/business; IT; supply chain management. A change of major may impact continuation of scholarship.
- Preference will be given to students who are attending an institution within the Exelon company service footprint.
Applicants must have previously attended a summer week-long Exelon STEM Leadership Academy in 2018, 2019, or 2020 and be enrolling full time in a two or four year educational institution for the Fall 2021 academic year.
Application Opens and eligible alumnae are notified
Announcement / Recognition / Scholars Summits
The Scholarship Process:
- Application Review
- Finalist Interviews
- Final Selection
- Recipients Notified
- Scholarship Awarded
- Annual Transcript and Verification for Scholarship Renewal
- An Exelon internship at least once during the scholarship timeframe.
The application will include:
- Basic Demographic Information
- Two recommendations – at least one from a teacher (the second may be from a community organization, after-school program, etc.)
- A personal statement on:
- Why you are pursuing a career in the energy sector;
- What energy challenges you are most excited to solve;
- and Why you would like to work at Exelon specifically should the opportunity present itself.
- A personal statement about how the Exelon STEM Leadership Academy supported your education and career path
- A personal statement about how you hope to give back to your community after you benefit from this opportunity.
* A full scholarship is defined as full cost of tuition, fees, room, and board. A scholarship recipient may attend a 2-year technical school and receive funds to complete and additional 2 years at a four-year institution. Applicants who have already begun college/post-secondary school may apply. The scholarship will cover subsequent years of schooling up to four.