Credit Cards and Credit Scores
June 30 @ 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm CDT
Calling all high school aged young women in the Chicago, Philadelphia, DC, and Baltimore area!
Join Smart Sister Finance on June 30th to learn all about credit and banking.
Did you know your credit score is the key to unlocking opportunity? In this class, we will discuss:
- How credit cards, bank accounts and all types of loans work
- Why you should establish credit
- What actions positively and negatively affect your credit score
Bridget Jones is the Founding Sister of Smart Sister Finance and she believes strongly that through financial knowledge and conscious choices, you can reach any life goal. Bridget had a winding career that included working at the Goodman Theatre, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Clif Bar, Potbelly Sandwich Works and Whole Foods Market. She now uses her experience to coach women on their personal finances and start-up businesses. Follow Smart Sister Finance on Instagram and LinkedIn to learn more!
Participants must be young women in 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th grade or a STEM Academy alumnae.
Participants must have computer and internet access and be interested in fully participating in the Zoom session by sharing video.
Participants must be located in one of the following areas:
- ComEd service territory of Illinois (Chicago and most of northern Illinois)
- PECO service territory of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia and its PA suburbs)
- Pepco service territory of DC and Maryland (DC, Prince George's County, Montgomery County)
- BGE service territory of Maryland (Baltimore City, Ann Arundel, Baltimore, Carroll, Harford and Howard Counties)
Register by June 28th.